Your Dog Knows You Better Than Even Yourself
A dog is a man’s best friend. This old saying is perfectly true. Your dog loves you unconditionally.He is always there when you need him in any way, and he is happy to help. He is incapable of duplicity or betrayal. In some ways he knows you better than anyone else, for that matter even yourself.
1. Pet dogs consider themselves part of your family, and look to you for their needs and protection.
2. Dogs can reduce anxiety. They are great stress busters and can instinctively feel your need and act accordingly.
3. They share many of the human traits. Dogs can get jealous if you are cuddling a stuffed toy, or another dog, or even a child he doesn’t know.
4. They are capable of reading facial expressions and react accordingly. If you are angry, they cower. If you are sad, they comfort you.
5. Dogs can bond with you the same way other people can. When you cuddle your dog a hormone – oxytocin is released from your body which your dog can detect.
6. They accept and love you for who you are without any conditions. You can see that each time you come home from work.
7. Dogs help you heal on an emotional level. They can be very helpful in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
8. They are intuitive when it comes to our health. On a physical level, they can understand when you are ill.
9. Their germs may be good for us. Over thousands of years of interaction their germs have become harmless to us and in fact the interchange can increase our immunity.
If you have a pet dog, you know a lot of this already. If you have never owned a dog, you don’t know what you are missing. Of course, his needs have to be looked after too. Taking him for a walk, on a cold wet night in driving rain is hard, but what you get in exchange cannot be measured.